AT-PU V (500) is a hydrophilic polyurethane based foam resin used for injection into concrete structures exhibiting water seepages. AT-PU V (500) is a single component hydrophilic resin that reacts to form a flexible closed cell foam or gel depending on the amount of water it comes in contact with. Due to its flexible property, AT-PU V (500) is an ideal choice of material for mitigating water ingress through RCC members that are likely to be subjected to dynamic loadings, thermal expansion/contractions and other associated movements
- AT-PU V (500) is used to stop water ingress through concrete elements such as basement podium slabs, parking structures slabs, waffle slabs, roof slabs, sewage treatment plants, tunnel linings etc. SW-PUV (500) is injected using appropriate high pressure injection equipment from the “negative side”.
- Flexible closed cell gel / foam
- Identify the area to be injected. Install injection packers of suitable diameter and length. Ensure injection packers are tightly installed to avoid packer failure during injection process. If required, seal packers using quick setting cement or epoxy based putty. Feed the resin into the pump and commence injection. Injection pressure shall be governed by the type of element, effective water head, packer spacing and other factors. For injection below raft slab, grade slab and retaining walls inject in intermittent batches and observe effect. Avoid large volume injections in short period.
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
|MATERIAL DESCRIPTION ||Single component solvent free polyurethane injection resin curing to form a flexible form/gel|
|APPEARANCE ||Light yellow clear liquid|
|VISCOCITY ||~ 800 to 1300 mPa.s (@ 23ºC)|
|DENSITY ||~ 1.15 g/cm³ (@ 23ºC)|
|VOLUME EXPANSION ||Up to 15 times (Resin : Water = 10 : 1) @ 25ºC|
|REACTION TIME ||Up to 180 seconds (depending on temperature)|
|POT LIFE ||Up to 30 minutes @ 23ºC (surface film that forms upon humidity contact to be discarded and not mixed in)|
|APPLICATION TEMPREATURE ||› 5ºC (substrate temperature during injection)|
|APPLICATION EQUIPEMENT ||SD-1L or suitable single component positive displacement resin injection pump capable of developing required injection pressures. Non-return injection packers.|
PACKAGING & STORAGE:
- AT-PU V (500) is available in the following pack:
- Shelf life is 6 months in sealed containers as provided
- Keep containers sealed and away from heat and cold in a well ventilated area (5ºC to 30ºC)
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Protect hands with rubber gloves and eyes with goggles.
- Accidental splashes to the skin or eyes must be rinsed immediately with clean water.
- Store in well-labeled containers.
- Non dangerous goods, please observe Material Safety datasheet.