AT-PLAST (PQ) is a new generation of concrete admixture based on a blend of a specially selected organic polymer, combining the properties of super plasticizers with high range water reducing properties.
AT-PLAST (PQ) complies with ASTM C-494 TYPE F and ASTM C-260
- AT-PLAST (PQ) produces an extremely workable flowing concrete without loss of strength to enable large water reduction to be made for the same workability.
- It also acts on the interface of the sand and water to produce stable microscopic air bubbles uniformly distributed throughout the concrete.
- Thus, it gives concrete better cohesion and workability, reduced segregation and bleeding, which often occur when utilizing low quality aggregates and harsh mixes deficient in fines.
- AT-PLAST (PQ) is ideal to create a well compacted durable concrete, resistant to extreme thermal variation and frost action is required.
- Due to its cement saving property the heat of hydration is reduced in mass concrete. Such situations include roads, runways, pavements, hard stands, dams, canal lining, open storage areas etc.
- AT-PLAST (PQ) is of great benefit in light weight concrete, where it improves workability and reduces tendency to bleed.
- It is useful in reducing the density of light weight concrete blocks, so that the blocks meet thermal insulation requirement.
- AT-PLAST (PQ) gives increased durability to dense concrete and because of the entrained air a reduction in material costs is achieved.
- AT-PLAST (PQ) is a high range water reducing agent. Key benefits are:
- Substantial improvements in workability and flow properties without increase in water, produce self leveling concrete which can be poured into place around congested reinforcement and requires little(or no) vibration to achieve optimum compaction. The bond strength of concrete to reinforcement steel is considerably increased.
- For a given concrete mix keeping the cement content and workability constant by reduction in the amount of mixing water, increase in strength up to 15% can be achieved.
- Water reducing minimizes shrinkage or cracking thereby producing close textured impervious concrete with improved durability and surface finish.
- By keeping workability and strength constant, with PQ admixture definite cement economy ranging 10% to 12% can be obtained.
- By incorporating air into the concrete much greater resistance to spallation, crazing in freeze thaw environments is achieved AT-PLAST (PQ) improves the properties of fresh concrete.
- Design of concrete mix with AT-PLAST (PQ) is strongly recommended before use at actual site
|COLOUR ||Dark Brown|
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY ||1.20 + 0.02|
|pH VALUE ||7 to 8|
|AIR ENTRAINMENT ||Approx. 3 to 5%|
|CHLORIDE CONTENT ||It does not contain calcium chloride or any other chemicals which could be harmful to the durability of concrete.|
|COMPATIBILITY ||Can be used with all types of Portland and Slag cement and it is compatible with PFA (Fly Ash)|
|CONSISTENCY ||AT-PLAST (PQ) is formulated from carefully selected raw materials and is manufactured under control conditions to give a consistent product. If the dosage of AT-PLAST (PQ) is reduced considerably for desired quantity of air, water reducing property will be affected. In such situation AT-PLAST (N) and AT-PLAST (AEA) are to be used separately with definite dosage to be determined by site trials.|
- AT-PLAST (PQ) is formulated from chemicals which present no fire or health hazards
- AT-PLAST (PQ) is supplied ready to use. For maximum dispersion throughout the mix, measured quantity of quantity of AT-PLAST (PQ) should be added directly into the mixer at the same time as the mixing water, ON NO ACCOUNT IT SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE DRY CEMENT.
PACKAGING & STORAGE:
- AT-PLAST (PQ) is available in the following pack:
- Shelf life is 12 months in sealed containers as provided
- Keep containers sealed and away from heat and cold in a well ventilated area
- Stir material well before use
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Protect hands with rubber gloves and eyes with goggles.
- Accidental splashes to the skin or eyes must be rinsed immediately with clean water.
- Store in well-labeled containers.
- If required get medical attention.