AT-NIT (P) is a light brown or whitish powder accelerator for shotcrete/gunite to be used by dry method. It also allows spraying to take place on wet surface subject to slight infiltration.
AT-NIT (P) complies with ASTM C 1141 Type I Grade I Class B.
AT-NIT (P) is recommended for the following uses
- Tunnels and galleries
- Securing rock faces, excavation and embankments
- Thin section concrete shells, swimming pools and concrete repair works
- Accelerated strength development within 24-hours
- Easy spraying on overhead situations
- Reduced rebound and dust
- Better adhesion over the areas of slight seepage
- Helps to achieve water tight surface
- Speeds up the job
- Chloride free-no corrosion of reinforcement
Normally between 5% to 10% by weight of cement. With higher dosage reduced, final strength is expected.
- The required quantity of AT–NIT (P) is dry mixed with cement and dry aggregates. Then the dry mixture, so produced should be protected from moisture.
|FORM ||Light Brown or Whitish powder|
|BULK DENSITY ||Approximately 0.60 kg/ltr|
|SETTING TIME AT 30ºC ||Initial Setting Time – within 3 minutes|
Final Setting Time – within 12 minutes
- Setting time of shotcrete mix is slowed down when using cold materials or when spraying on to cold substrate. The type and age of cement could be highly influencing factor for extended setting time. Compatibility test should be carried out for determination of dosage rate with the available cement, but it is advisable to intimate us the type and age of the cement that is available at site or else for correct dosage and other advice, sample of cement may be forwarded to us. At least we should be informed whether OPC or PPC is being used before placing order.
- Care must be taken that water must not flow back in the supply hose causing the mix to set.
PACKAGING & STORAGE:
- AT-NIT (P) is available in the following pack:
- Shelf life is 6 months in sealed containers as provided (temperature between +5°C and +30°C)
- Keep containers sealed and away from heat and cold in a well ventilated area
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Protect hands with rubber gloves and eyes with goggles.
- Accidental splashes to the skin or eyes must be rinsed immediately with clean water.
- Store in well-labeled containers.