AT-GARD (R) is a flexible, liquid based, single component, UV rays and weather resistant acrylic waterproofing membrane suitable for all types of exposed roof slabs (new as well as old), terraces (sloped and flat), etc. It also helps in reflecting heat from the surface and thus produces a cooling effect.
- AT-GARD (R) is ready to use acrylic waterproofing membrane, especially recommended for:
- Exposed roof waterproofing
- Impervious coating on roofs (flat and sloped) and concrete structures
- As protective coating on infrastructure projects
- On non-trafficked areas
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, brickwork, corrugated asbestos and asbestos cement sheet
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES:
- AT-GARD (R) has the following benefits:
- Water vapour permeable
- Simple application (even at detailing)
- Bonds well to all types of masonry substrate
- High diffusion resistance against C02
- Ultra violet rays and weather resistant
- Algae and fungi resistant
TECHNICAL DATA (typical values):
|BASE ||AT-GARD (R) : Acrylic polymer dispersion|
|COLOUR ||White [Can be stained with good quality strainer for light shades. Pre-test for over paint-ability and paint compatibility always recommended]|
|DENSITY ||AT-GARD (R) : ~ 1.400 kg / l at 27ᵒC AT-GARD (R) PRIMER : ~ 1.0 kg / l at 27ᵒC|
|SERVICE TEMPERATURE ||+5 ºC to +45ºC|
MECHANICAL DATA (typical values):
|BOND STRENGTH (AS PER ISO 4624) ||1.5 N/mm²|
|CRACK BRIDGING PROPERTIES ||2 mm (According to ASTM C 1305 – 06)|
|MOISTURE PERMEABILITY ||Passes (According to IS101)|
|CRACK RESISTANCE ||Passes 3 mm mandrel (According to IS 101)|
|SALT SPRAY RESISTANCE ||Satisfactory|
|WORKABLE TIME ||15 minutes at +27º C|
|TACK FREE TIME ||25 minutes at +27º C|
|WATER PERMEABILITY ||Passes (According to IS 2645)|
|ACCELERATED WEATHERING ||500 hours No cracking / no blister (According to IS 101)|
|SOLID CONTENT ||69 %|
|POLYMER CONTENT ||36%|
- System Structure Layer thickness: 1.5 mm
- Primer: 1 x AT-GARD (R) Primer
- Second Coat: 1 x AT-GARD (R)
- Top Coat: 1 x AT-GARD (R)
- Consumption / Dosage:
- AT-GARD (R) PRIMER : 0.200 kg/m2 per coat depending on the substrate
- AT-GARD (R): 1.2 kg /m2 per coat (3 coats recommended)
- Total thickness: 1mm
- Substrate Quality: The cementitious substrate should be sound and of sufficient strength (min. 25 N/mm²). Minimum pull-off strength 1.5 N/mm², it should be free from grease, oil and contamination.
- Substrate Preparation: All dust, loose and friable materials and glaze or varnish of tiles must be completely removed by mechanical means. Existing coatings have to be inspected, cleaned and mechanically ground to achieve a sound, gripping substrate. In case of bad adhesion to the substrate, existing coatings have to be removed. The uneven surface should be properly treated by suitable ADO material to get a plain surface.
APPLICATION CONDITIONS / LIMITATIONS:
- Substrate Temperature: +10°C min / +40°C max
- Ambient Temperature: +10°C min / +40°C max
- Priming: Prime the prepared substrate with AT-GARD (R) PRIMER by brush or roller.
- AT-GARD (R) is supplied in a single component pack and is in ready to use form.
- Stir thoroughly before application.
- Within 45 minutes of priming apply 1st coat of AT-GARD (R) by brush or roller. Do not spoil the dry surface while walking on it for application.
- Apply the 2nd and 3rd coat of AT-GARD (R) following the same above procedure at suitable time interval of 12 hours between the two coats.
- IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATION
- The product can be stained with good quality strainer for light shades. However, pre-test for consistency of colour shade is recommended through site trials before application.
- CLEANING OF TOOLS CLEAN:
- All tools and application equipment with clean water immediately after use.
- Hardened / cured material can only be removed mechanically.
- Waiting time between coats
- +30°C 12 hours
PACKAGING & STORAGE:
- AT-GARD (R) is available in the following system pack:
- AT-GARD (R): 20 kg HDPE Bucket
- AT-GARD (R) PRIMER: 5 kg HDPE Container
- Shelf life: Best before 6 months if stored properly in undamaged and unopened original sealed packaging in dry and cool conditions. Liquid component must be protected from frost
- Keep containers sealed and away from heat and cold in a well ventilated area
- Stir material well before use
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Protect hands with rubber gloves and eyes with goggles.
- Accidental splashes to the skin or eyes must be rinsed immediately with clean water or boric acid solution.
- Store in well-labeled containers.