AT-EPOTAR is a two component polyamide cured high build coal tar epoxy coating which ensures toughness and water resistance. The product performs extremely well in total, partial or intermittent immersion in salt or fresh water. It withstands corrosive conditions in soil immersion and also certain acidic and alkaline environments.
- AT-EPOTAR is highly effective for:
- Ideal for use as a coating for both concrete and steel structures in Sewage Treatment Plants, marine structures etc.
- In coating steel / concrete for
- Penstocks, Sluice Gates, Pilings, Pipelines, Effluent plants, Coking plants, Chloro- alkali plants, Chemical plants, Offshore Structures and internal surface of freshwater/ saltwater
- Please note that AT-EPOTAR is NOT COMPATIBLE with drinking water
- AT-EPOTAR is a two component polyamide cured high build coal tar epoxy coating with the following key benefits:
- Tough, hard and robust
- Water resistant
- Resistant to mild chemicals
- Resistant to microbes
- On concrete surface around 0.200 kg/m2 per coat is required.
- On steel surface around 0.150 kg/m2 per coat is required.
- Steel surface can be primed with Zinc rich primer AT-EPOZINC for more durability.
- For heavy mechanical exposure 2-3 coats of AT-EPOTAR is recommended.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- SURFACE PREPARATION:
- STEEL SURFACES:
Degrease and blast clean to SA 2 ½ grade minimum of Swedish specification SIS – 05 – 5900 – 1967. If blast cleaning is not practical make full use of mechanical tools along with manual cleaning and wire brushing to remove loose rust / scale to St 2 or St 3 grade of Swedish specification. Surface should be perfectly clean and dry before applying coating.
- CONCRETE SURFACES:
For new concrete surface: Ensure that the surface is cured for minimum 2 months. Remove laitance, loose surface powder by light sand blasting. If blast cleaning is not feasible, roughen the surface by acid etching with 10% Hydrochloric Acid solution followed by thorough freshwater hosing to remove any residual acid. The surface should be perfectly dry and clean before applying coating.
- FOR OLD CONCRETE SURFACE:
Remove grease, oil etc by solvent wiping. Remove water-soluble contaminants by fresh water hosing. Roughen the surface by acid etching, if light sand blasting is not feasible. The surface should be perfectly dry and clean before applying coating.
- Mix Comp. A and Comp. B in the recommended mixing ratio, with an electric stirrer.
- AT-EPOTAR can be applied with brush, roller, and lamb skin roller. For spray application, high pressure spray gun with a pressure of 3-4 bars is recommended.
|SYSTEM COLOUR ||Black|
|MIXED DENSITY AT 30OC ||Around 1.55 kg/ltr|
|MIXING RATIO (BY WEIGHT) ||Comp. A : Comp. B = 1:1|
|POT LIFE AT 30OC (HOURS) ||> 2 hours|
|FLASH POINT ||Above 20OC|
|RECOMMENDED DRY FILM THICKNESS ||100 -120 microns per coat|
|CORRESPONDING WET FILM THICKNESS ||150 – 180 microns|
|DRYING TIME ||Surface dry : 5 -10 hours Handle able : 24 hours Full curing : 7 days|
|INTERVAL BEFORE OVER COATING ||Minimum – 24 hours Maximum – 7 days|
PACKAGING & STORAGE:
- AT-EPOTAR is available in the following pack:
- Shelf life is 12 months in sealed containers as provided
- Protect AT-EPOTAR from cold, moisture, away from frost or direct sunlight
- Keep containers sealed and away from heat and cold in a well ventilated area
- Stir material well before use
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Protect hands with rubber gloves and eyes with goggles.
- Accidental splashes to the skin or eyes must be rinsed immediately with clean water.
- Store in well-labeled containers.
- If required get medical attention.