AT-BLACKTHANE is single component high solid content moisture cured Tar extended polyurethane based Elastomeric liquid applied waterproofing membrane confirming to ASTM C- 836–89 which finds various usages in the construction industries. Films obtained are highly flexible and very resistant to water, UV rays, fungal growth and display excellent stability to light and outdoor performance for longer period. Ideally suited for waterproofing of roof, walls and foundation.
Excellent resistance to Water, Alkalis, with an inherent property of anti-fungal, growth.
- Excellent adhesion to dry as well as primed surfaces of concrete, tile, plaster, masonry, mastic coating and metal
- Extra ordinary bond on concrete, mortar, metal, wood, tiles, and surfaces.
- Excellent compatibility with almost every construction materials.
- Excellent resistance to wide range of chemicals, oils, weathering and ultra-violet rays.
- High gloss and resistant to abrasion and blushing.
- Flexible enough to withstand thermal variation of structure.
- Vapour permeable, there by prevent blistering of the coating.
- Fast and easy application eliminating construction delays and is labour saving.
- As barrier coating for any part of the external or internal faces of the structures where high degree of waterproofing is required e.g. roof, water reservoir, swimming pool etc.
- Structure where water accumulation causes growth of, fungus or micro-organism
- Structure subject to adverse chemical or marine climatic attack or fungal growth zone e.g. Chemical Plant, Oil Refineries and Power Plants etc.
- General concrete structures, masonry, brick, tile asbestos, galvanized tin and metal etc.
- Keeping various aesthetic views of the structures, higher durability and protective colored coating for longer maintenance free period.
- The area to be coated must be sound, clean and free from oil, grease or any other surface contaminates.
- Remove any loose materials or laitance by scrapping, chipping, mechanical abrasion or any other suitable methods.
- Visible cracks, depressed or any porous substrates are to be filled or levelled either with epoxy putty for metallic surfaces or Acrylic based filler for concrete or brick surfaces. Apply one primer coat on prepared concrete or brick surfaces before application of AT-BLACKTHANE.
- AT-BLACKTHANE can be applied by brush, roller. It can also be applied by suitable spray gun or sprayed by a rubber squeegee.
- Successive layer must be applied when the earlier layer has dried up.
- To improve the appearance of the surface, the last coat can be smoothened by a felt roller; however the roller must be wet before use.
|BASE ||Elastomeric Polyurethane Pre-Polymer|
|COMPONENT ||Single Component|
|SOLID CONTENT ||90%|
|COVERAGE ||1 kg / sq mt|
|DFT ||1 mm to 1.5 mm|
|ELONGATION (ASTM C-836) ||> 300%|
|HYDROLYSIS RESISTANCE ||Excellent|
|HARDNESS (SHORE A) ||30-35|
|TOUCH DRY TIME ||18- 20 hrs|
|CURING ||Moisture Cured|
|CURING TIME UV & OZONE ||24 hrs|
|TEMP RESISTANCE ||-10° C to 70° C|
|ULTIMATE TENSILE STRENGTH ||3.0 N/mm²|
|WATER ABSORPTION ||Nil|
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY ||1.05|
MIXING & USE:
- It is a single component product. Stir it well before use and frequently during use to offset settlement.
PACKAGING, TRANSPORT & STORAGE:
- AT-BLACKTHANE is available in the following pack:
- 20 kg PPCP Bucket
- Shelf life is 6 months in sealed containers as provided
- Keep containers sealed and away from heat and cold in a well ventilated area
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Prolonged exposure may give rise to irritation of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Protect hands with rubber gloves and eyes with goggles.
- Accidental splashes to the skin or eyes must be flushed immediately and repeatedly with fresh water, if required get medical attention.
- Store in well-labeled containers.